Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me


I just learned that I've been nominated for an Annie Award for my work on Arthur Christmas. It's very exciting indeed but I would be remiss if I didn't insert a reminder here about the process of bringing
these characters to the screen. Getting a workable design on paper is just the beginning. After all the off- the- cuff doodles are created and culled, the real work of sculpting, modeling, furring, surfacing, rigging, animating and lighting has yet to be done. Overseeing all of that on Arthur Christmas was a fellow named Tim Watts, who I'm been told is a great guy and who did a really wonderful job of translating my scribbles into something animatable. So win or lose, I have Tim and the rest of the crew at Sony/Aardman to thank in getting this far.
And as they say, even if I don't win,
it's an honor just to be animated.

21 comments:

  1. That's brilliant news and well deserved. You, and the crews who animate your drawings never fail to delight!
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You really deserve it!
    I recently got your book "a sketchy past" and I have to say as a follower of your work i am since many years now, it's one of my favourite books! Thanks for sharing your art with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congratulations to you! I'm hoping to see Arthur Christmas very soon and I'm happy to see it getting good reviews! Your work is seriously a bundle of fun. :) Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations with being nominated :D

    the trailer is looking great and I love the characters, done a great job there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being nominated! Been a big fan of your work ever since I saw some of your sketches for the first Ice Age on Planet Hollywood's window in London, many many moons ago.
    I've had the pleasure of working with Tim on Despereaux, and he is literally the nicest guy in animation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I saw the movie (because of your drawings in the blog) and loved your characters. You're just really gift artist! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Peter! and Extra respect for acknowledging the crews at sony/aardman. You're awesome!

    All the best with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, congrats and good luck!
    It must be amazing indeed to see your characters come to life on screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, and great work! I can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Peter!! I love your art( brazilian artist - Rio de Janeiro)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats for you and all the people involved..!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  13. شركه عزل فوم بالرياض
    أيضاً تسبب في سقوط الطلاء وظهور التشققات، ولكن من الآن لا داعي
    للقلق لأن شركة عزل أسطح تقدم لعملائها الكرام في كافة أنحاء المملكة العربية السعودية .
    افضل شركة عزل أسطح

    شركه تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
    شركه عزل فوم بالدمام

    شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

    شركه عزل فوم بالقطيف

    شركه عزل فوم بالاحساء

    شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل

    ReplyDelete